4 kids die due to fire at special newborn care unit at Bhopal hospital; CM Chouhan reveals ex gratia
in Bhopal In a terrible incident, 4 infants died after a fire broke out in a health center in Bhopal. According to the details, the blaze was reported at the special newborn care unit( SNCU) of Kamla Nehru Kid’s Medical facility late on Monday, triggering the government to order a high-level probe into the occurrence.
Medical Education Minister Vishwas Sarang stated a brief circuit may have triggered the fire and described the circumstance inside the ward as “really frightening”.
According to an official, the blaze started on the 3rd flooring of the health center, which houses the ICU.
“Four children passed away in the fire that broke out in the special newborn care system (SNCU) ward probably due to a short circuit,” Sarang said.
“We reached the spot in addition to others soon after getting info about the occurrence. It was dark inside the ward. We moved the children to the surrounding ward,” he said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has actually announced an ex gratia of Rs 4 lakh each for the family members of the victims, he included.
The fire broke out around 9 pm and around 10 fire tenders were hurried to the area to douse the flames, stated Fatehgarh station house in-charge Juber Khan.
A brief circuit may have triggered the fire, he stated.
A total of 40 children were admitted to the SNCU. Of these, 36 were going through treatment in various wards. In a tweet in Hindi, Chouhan said that the rescue operation was speedy and the blaze is under control now.
“A top-level probe has actually been bought into the event. The probe will be performed by air conditioner (extra chief secretary), health and medical education, Mohammad Suleiman,” the chief minister stated.
Concerned parents were seen running around in search of their children.
Angry relative of some babies declared that rather of conserving the children, the medical facility personnel fled.
While a moms and dad was looking for his kid, some others hurried out of the health center with their children, eyewitnesses stated.
A lady who was inside the health center said the ward was shrouded in smoke.
Kamla Nehru Children’s Medical facility belongs to Hamidia Health center, among the greatest federal government medical facilities in the state.
Former chief minister and Leader of Opposition Kamal Nath described the incident “really unpleasant” and demanded stern action versus those accountable.
In a tweet, state BJP president Vishnu Dutt Sharma likewise revealed sorrow over the event. He said he was wishing the rapid healing of those injured.
(With inputs from PTI)
Also Read| Maharashtra healthcare facility fire: Several COVID patients died of smoke, a few of burns, state police
Most Current India News
Released at Mon, 08 Nov 2021 18:53:07 -0600