Bengal election period 5 voting on 45 chairs today, 342 prospects in fray
Over one crore voters in West Bengal will determine the political fate of 342 candidates today (April 17), whenever 45 set up constituencies head to polls in the 5th stage, amid a raging second wave of COVID-19. Bengal set up elections are being held in 8 phases while polling when it comes to first four stages has already occurred. The counting of votes will need put on May 2.
Bengal election phase 5 on April 17 | All you need to know
- Safety steps have already been heightened for phase five in view of violence in the earlier period, which observed the loss of five people in Cooch Behar, including four in CISF firing.
- The Election Commission features made a decision to deploy at least 853 companies of central causes to make certain no-cost and fair voting, the state of the poll panel stated.
- It will likewise set up actions to ensure strict adherence of COVID-19 protocols throughout the voting process, he stated.
- West Bengal on Thursday recorded the best single-day increase of 6,769 coronavirus situations at minimum 22 more fatalities.
- Prominent brands within the 5th stage consist of Siliguri Mayor and Left Front leader Ashok Bhattacharya, state ministers Gautam Deb and Bratya Basu and BJP’s Samik Bhattacharya.
- Voting would be held at 15,789 polling channels in 45 constituencies 16 seating in North 24 Parganas, eight each in Purba Bardhaman and Nadia, seven in Jalpaiguri, five in Darjeeling and something in Kalimpong area.
ALSO STUDY | Mamata’s purported conversation with TMC nominee after Sitalkuchi shooting stirs line
- The phase is essential for ruling Trinamool Congress, that is looking to better its 2016 tally of 32 seating, even while a resurgent BJP seems to help make inroads.
- The Left-Congress alliance had bagged 10 seats in installation elections five years ago.
- TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee, that has Thursday urged the EC to consider conducting the polls for the remaining construction seating at one go in the wake of this growing COVID-19 circumstance, presented a few public conferences and roadshows in many of the seating in run-up into fifth period.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Residence Minister Amit Shah led the promotion blitzkrieg of the BJP, which has fortified into TMC’s primary challenger in this election.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, also, has held two general public conferences in north Bengal within his first campaign in the state for set up polls.
- Campaigning the 5th phase ended on Wednesday aided by the EC having increased the ‘silence period’ from 48 to 72 hours because associated with the Cooch Behar violence.
- Elections have-been held in 135 constituencies so far, together with remaining 159 seating tend to be set to head to polls between April 17 and 29.
ALSO READ | No poll campaign between 7 pm-10 am, election silence extended from 48 to 72 hours in staying Bengal phases
Posted at Fri, 16 Apr 2021 17:40:32 +0000