Bengal sees over 78percent voter turnout in 5th stage | Takeaways
At least 78.36 % voter turnout was subscribed till 5 pm on Saturday across 45 construction constituencies of western Bengal in which voting occured for fifth period, Chief Electoral Officer Aariz Aftab stated. Bengal elections are increasingly being held in 8 stages although the counting of ballots takes place on May 2.
Bengal elections period 5 polling concludes | Takeaways
- Jalpaiguri observed the greatest polling portion (81.73), followed by Purba Bardhaman (81.72), Nadia (81.57), North 24 Parganas (74.83), Darjeeling (74.31) and Kalimpong (69.56), he said.
- “in general polling happens to be peaceful in Bengal these days besides a few situations of violence,” Aftab said.
- At the very least 123 folks, including one Independent applicant, had been arrested during polling into the six areas associated with the condition, the CEO said.
- “from the total figure, 100 tend to be preventive arrests. Independent applicant Koushik Bhowmick occured from Baliadanga Daspara in Chakdah installation constituency to carry a country-made firearm outside booth 44, 44A. It absolutely was seized,” Aftab informed reporters.
- Three people were apprehended for attacking and hurting anyone in Shantipur, and two others had been detained for ransacking a property in Gayespur.
- Altogether, 2,241 issues had been obtained through the constituencies, in which voting occured from 7 am to 6.30 pm, he said.
- The Election Commission had deployed at least 853 organizations of main causes for Saturday’s polling.
(With PTI inputs)
EVEN STUDY | Mamata claims her phone is being tapped, to purchase CID probe
Posted at Sat, 17 Apr 2021 17:54:05 +0000