Fearing another Covid wave, China goes for strict lockdown in Ejin county

The County Lies In The Mongolia Region In The Country Where
Image Source: AP The county lies in the Mongolia region in the nation where the administration has asked countless

citizens to stay at home.(Representational image) Fearing another Covid wave, China has actually enforced lockdown-like constraints in its Ejin county as the region has experienced an increased number of cases of infectious illness.

The county lies in the Mongolia area in the nation where the administration has asked countless citizens to remain home and cautioned for civil and criminal action versus those not following protocols, according to Bloomberg.

In another development, a retired Chinese couple who evaluated favorable for COVID-19, days after they went on a travel spree throughout the nation, has been blamed for the most recent spike in cases in the nation, raising questions about the effectiveness of China’s Zero-COVID policy.

China on Friday reported 32 coronavirus cases, including 4 favorable cases in Beijing, the spurt in the capital city triggering a sense of disquiet among officials ahead of the winter season Olympics early next year.

Beijing has been reporting stray cases given that Tuesday this week, ending the zero-case record for over 2 months.

Critics say regardless of routine outbreaks of infections in different parts of the country presenting substantial logistic challenges, China has revealed no indications of unwinding its expensive Zero-COVID policy.

China’s National Health Commission, which releases daily updates of cases, said in its most current report that 28 brand-new in your area sent COVID-19 cases were reported on Thursday in various parts of the nation.

Independently, Beijing’s health authorities reported 4 cases in the city.

The places where the cases were reported consisted of Beijing, Inner Mongolia, Gansu, Shaanxi, Ningxia, Guizhou and Qinghai.

The present spike in cases was mainly attributed to a senior couple from Shanghai who flew to a number of cities, consisting of the traveler city of Xian, evaluated favorable for COVID-19, and sent authorities on a leather hunt to trace ratings of individuals who had been available in contact with them.

Within three days of a statement that the couple had actually tested positive in Xian on Saturday, hundreds of close contacts of the couple and their 5 travel companions, who later on checked positive, were recognized.

During this duration, several cities had presented mass testing, a land port stopped running and popular areas visited by the group were closed for disinfection, the Hong Kong-based South China Early morning Post reported.

Details of the group’s domestic flights and hotels, stops at roast duck restaurants and noodle stores, was reported by the main media, with individuals being asked to report whether their motions overlapped with them.

Such cases causing regular outbreaks provides substantial logistical and economic obstacles to China despite administering vaccines to three quarters of its population.

The inevitability of further cases and a subsiding of vaccine antibody levels plead the concern of for how long China must persist with the Zero-COVID policy, the Post report said on Friday.

China, which unlike the remainder of the world is looking for to pursue an absolutely no case policy by stringently restricting foreign travel, faced increased criticism as the cases reported in smaller sized numbers continue to surface area.

Wherever the cases prop up, officials right away start evaluating countless people around the location, besides prohibiting flights and trains to prevent regional individuals from taking a trip.

Beijing, where the foreign travel is strictly limited with 21-day quarantine for immigrants, followed the stringent policy of absolutely no cases as it gears up to host the prestigious Winter season Olympics in February next year.

China has limited travel from India and a variety of other countries.

In spite of numerous pleas, China has not permitted over 23,000 Indian students enrolled in Chinese colleges to return besides numerous Indians operating in the country, mentioning that it is a preventive procedure to include the spread of the infection.

(With inputs from PTI)

ALSO READ| China: Gansu province shuts tourism sites following spike in COVID-19 cases

ALSO READ| Over 102.10 crore COVID vaccine doses administered in India so far

Newest World News

Released at Mon, 25 Oct 2021 06:56:55 -0500