A minor fire broke out in the nursing room of Safdarjung Hospital on Thursday afternoon due to a short-circuit. Fire engines were rushed to the hospital to battle the blaze. No one was injured in the incident, the official said.
Delhi: Fire broke out in the nursing room of Safdarjung Hospital due to a short-circuit earlier this afternoon. It was doused shortly. pic.twitter.com/K6AW59pfGW
— ANI (@ANI) January 14, 2021
According to the fire department, they received a call about the incident around 1.24 pm. The fire broke out in a room used by the nursing staff in the OPD block situated on the fourth floor of the hospital.
Seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was brought under control by 1.40 pm, said Atul Garg, Director, Delhi Fire Service.
The cause of fire is being ascertained. Officials suspect short-circuit may have led to the incident.
(With inputs from PTI)