India, China talks today; Army chief warns China row might turn like LoC
< img src ="https://timesnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/4pQRwb.jpeg"class ="ff-og-image-inserted"> New Delhi: India and China will hold the 13th round of Corps Commander meeting on Sunday early morning to go over disengagement from the Hot Springs area in the Ladakh sector.
The talks are being held even as Army chief Gen. M.M. Naravane said on Saturday that if the Chinese military preserved its massive implementation through the 2nd winter, it may cause an LoC-like situation (Line of Control) though not an active LoC is there on the western front with Pakistan. He said in action to Chinese implementation, the Indian Army too would maintain its existence on its side which is “as good as what the PLA (People’s Freedom Army) has actually done”.
The Corps Commanders talks are set up at 10:30 am in Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
During the 12th round of the Corps Leader conference, both sides had actually consented to pull back from Gogra. Before Gogra, Indian and Chinese troops had actually disengaged from Galwan Valley and Pangong Tso in Ladakh. India and China had carried out partial disengagement in Hot Springs in 2015 so an arrangement on a pullback from it could be reached.
However, till now China has actually shown no interest to deescalate the situation in Depsang plains where it is obstructing Indian troops from patrolling.
The talks are being hung on Saturday even as new propaganda photos of Indian soldiers under PLA custody from in 2015 are being flowed on Chinese social media. This is in response to India and Chinese face-off in Arunachal Pradesh last week where some reports suggested that a small group of PLA soldiers was detained by Indian troops.
“Yes, it refers issue that the massive accumulation has taken place and continues to be in place, and to sustain that type of a build-up, there has been an equal quantity of infrastructure advancement on the Chinese side,” Gen. Naravane stated.
“So, it indicates that they (PLA) are there to stay. We are keeping a close watch on all these developments, but if they are there to stay, we exist to remain too,” he said.
“However what this would, particularly if they continue to stay there through the 2nd winter, certainly imply that we will be in a kind of LoC scenario though not an active LC exists on the western front,” he said.
“However certainly, we will need to keep a close eye on all the troop accumulation and releases to see that they do not get into any misadventure as soon as again,” the Army chief stated. He said that it is difficult to comprehend why China activated the standoff when the world was reeling under the Covid-19 pandemic and when that country had specific concerns on its eastern coast. “While all that is going on, to sort of open up another front is really challenging to comprehend or fathom,” he stated.
“But whatever it might have been, I do not believe they have had the ability to accomplish any of those due to the fact that of the fast action done by the Indian armed forces,” the Army Chief added.
Asked to comment on the general scenario in eastern Ladakh, Gen. Naravane described a current statement by a representative in the ministry of external affairs and said he had actually clearly discussed that whatever had occurred on the Northern border was because of the massive build-up by the Chinese side and the non-adherence to numerous procedures.
“So that is extremely clear as to what was the trigger for all that has actually happened,” Gen. Naravane said. The Army chief stated following the standoff in eastern Ladakh, the Indian Army understood that it needed to do more in the area of ISR (intelligence, monitoring and reconnaissance).
Published at Sat, 09 Oct 2021 21:50:26 -0500