India’s Omicron tally now at 4 as Maharashtra, Gujarat report 2 cases|10 points
- Maharashtra guy who took a trip to Mumbai from South Africa through Dubai and Delhi tested +ve for Omicron.
- The 33-year-old man had actually shown up in Delhi on November 23 and had actually given his samples for COVID test.
- Cases with the Omicron variant have actually currently been spotted in Karnataka and Gujarat.
A Maharashtra male who had taken a trip to Mumbai from South Africa through Dubai and Delhi had tested favorable for Omicron on Saturday, stated authorities. This is the 4th case of the Omicron variant in India.
The 33-year-old guy had actually arrived in Delhi on November 23 and had offered his samples for COVID-19 testing at the Delhi airport. He had actually then taken a flight to Mumbai, official sources stated in Delhi. The guy is a marine engineer by profession. Due to the odd nature of his job he could not get vaccinated while on the ship given that April in spite of his efforts, a Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) official said on Saturday.
Gujarat also reported its very first case of COVID-19 Omicron version on Saturday. The brand-new variation was identified in a 72-year-old man in Jamnagar city following his return from Zimbabwe, the state health department said.
Here are the top points to keep in mind from today:
- The number of total Omicron cases in India rose to 4 on Saturday after Gujarat and Maharashtra reported one case each. Earlier, 2 cases were spotted in Karnataka.
- As an argument raves over whether India must present the booster shots versus COVID, scientists state that the country needs to focus on double immunizing its qualified population given a great deal of individuals still to get the base layer of defense against the infection.
- Amidst growing concerns over the Omicron variation of SARS-CoV-2, a Parliamentary panel has actually advised that the effectiveness COVID vaccines need to be assessed and the government conduct more research to analyze the need for booster doses to consist of the new strain.
- The Union health ministry wrote to the governments of Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Jammu and Kashmir, Odisha and Mizoram to take needed steps under the ‘Test-Track-Treat-Vaccinate-Covid Appropriate Behaviour’ method to control the spread of COVID-19 and decrease fatality.
- States provided fresh travel guidelines as fresh cases of Omicron appeared. Individuals originating from countries affected by the new COVID-19 Omicron version to West Bengal will be needed to remain in isolation for 7 days, the state government said on Friday. Check out Karnataka’s standards HERE
- On The Other Hand, Himachal Pradesh has actually ended up being the very first state to completely immunize one hundred percent of its adult population against COVID-19, a main representative declared on Saturday.
- India recorded 8,603 new cases of the unique coronavirus, together with 415 deaths due to the infection in the previous 24 hr. According to the information shared by the Union Health Ministry on Saturday, the nation saw an overall of 8,190 discharges in the last 24 hours, taking the total recovery rate at around 98.35 percent which is the greatest since March 2020 and total healings information reached to 3,40,53,856.
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport on Saturday devoted 20 counters for those making online reservations of RT-PCR and Rapid anti-gen covid tests. The counters are made on terminal 3 of the airport. The relocation comes amid the scare of the new Omicron version of coronavirus. The counters are fully functional now.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) stated it has modified downward the charges for Rapid PCR test for COVID-19 at its facility to Rs 3,900 from Rs 4,500 earlier.
- As India reported its 3rd Omicron case in Jamnagar, Kerala is now waiting with bated breath for the outcomes of 3 Covid favorable samples sent for genomic sequencing. According to the authorities, the outcomes of the 3 samples are expected to be out in a day or two.
Latest India News
Published at Sat, 04 Dec 2021 08:12:09 -0600