Param Bir moves SC, Pawar defends Deshmukh: Maharashtra's 'maha' drama goes on – Top developments
Political advancements carried on to emerge from Maharashtra on Monday as allegations travelled dense and fast when you look at the Sachin Waze instance. IPS officer Param Bir Singh relocated the Supreme legal pursuing direction for an immediate “unbiased, uninfluenced, unbiased and fair” CBI probe into alleged corrupt malpractices of Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. The problem shook the Parliament, causing an uproar over the corruption allegations in the matter Hour. Meanwhile, NCP main Sharad Pawar continued to guard Deshmukh, and dismissed needs for their resignation.
Inside the eight-page letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Singh on Saturday reported Deshmukh wished police officers to gather Rs 100 crore month-to-month from pubs and resorts. Singh had additionally alleged into the page that Deshmukh had called Mumbai police API Sachin Waze around mid-February during the ministers official residence and informed him to collect Rs 100 crore monthly.
FIND OUT MORE: Maharashtra problem: BJP raises corruption fee in Parliament, seeks Anil Deshmukh’s sacking
- Inside the plea towards the top court, Param Bir Singh desired quashing of the purchase transferring him through the post of Mumbai CP alleging that it is arbitrary and unlawful.
- Seeking an interim relief, Singh desired stay associated with procedure of their transfer purchase and path into the state government, the Centre and the CBI to straight away ingest its custody the CCTV video footage through the residence of Deshmukh.
- At the same time, NCP President Sharad Pawar defended Anil Deshmukh. hE stated Singh’s corruption allegations against Deshmukh pertain to a period when he ended up being hospitalised thus the question of their resignation will not arise. “We got information that Deshmukh was hospitalised in those days in Nagpur. The allegation (by Singh) pertains to the exact same period as he was in hospital. Discover a hospital certificate,” Pawar said.
- “Deshmukh ended up being accepted to a Nagpur medical center between February 5 and February 15 after testing good for COVID-19 and had been analysed from February 15 to 27,” Pawar said and read out a certificate from hospital in this respect. All (condition) government records additionally say that for the entire three days, he (Deshmukh) wasn’t in Bombay (Mumbai). He was in Nagpur, that is their city. That is why in such a predicament, issue (of looking for resignation) cannot occur, Pawar said.
- Countering Pawar, BJP frontrunner Devendra Fadnavis claimed that Deshmukh held a “press meeting” on February 15 which contradicted Pawar’s assertion he ended up being hospitalized after that. Deshmukh, but said it had been just a brief interacting with each other aided by the news as he was stepping out of medical center.
- Singh has actually alleged that Deshmukh had known as police Sachin Waze around mid-February at their official residence and requested him to help with collecting resources from pubs and restaurants.
- Waze is currently into the custody regarding the National Investigation Agency (NIA) which can be probing the recovery associated with vehicle containing gelatin sticks and a danger letter that was found parked near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilia in Mumbai final month.
READ MORE: Param Bir Singh moves SC for ‘unbiased’ probe into fees against Deshmukh
Posted at Mon, 22 Mar 2021 15:33:05 +0000