Param Bir moves SC, Pawar defends Deshmukh: Maharashtra's 'maha' drama goes on – Top developments
Political advancements proceeded to emerge from Maharashtra on Monday as allegations travelled thick and quickly in Sachin Waze case. IPS officer Param Bir Singh moved the Supreme legal looking for direction for an instantaneous “unbiased, uninfluenced, impartial and reasonable” CBI probe into alleged corrupt malpractices of Maharashtra Residence Minister Anil Deshmukh. The matter shook the Parliament, causing an uproar over the corruption allegations when you look at the Question Hour. At the same time, NCP chief Sharad Pawar carried on to guard Deshmukh, and dismissed demands for their resignation.
In his eight-page letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Singh on Saturday claimed Deshmukh wanted cops to collect Rs 100 crore monthly from pubs and hotels. Singh had also alleged within the page that Deshmukh had called Mumbai authorities API Sachin Waze around mid-February within ministers formal residence and informed him to get Rs 100 crore per month.
READ MORE: Maharashtra concern: BJP increases corruption fee in Parliament, seeks Anil Deshmukh’s sacking
- In the plea to your top court, Param Bir Singh desired quashing associated with the order moving him from the post of Mumbai CP alleging it to be arbitrary and unlawful.
- Looking for an interim relief, Singh sought stay of the operation of their transfer purchase and way on state, the Centre therefore the CBI to straight away consume its custody the CCTV video footage through the residence of Deshmukh.
- At the same time, NCP President Sharad Pawar defended Anil Deshmukh. hE said Singh’s corruption allegations against Deshmukh pertain to a period of time as he ended up being hospitalised thus issue of their resignation doesn’t arise. “We got information that Deshmukh ended up being hospitalised at that time in Nagpur. The allegation (by Singh) pertains to the identical duration as he was at hospital. There is certainly a hospital certificate,” Pawar said.
- “Deshmukh ended up being accepted to a Nagpur hospital between February 5 and February 15 after testing good for COVID-19 and had been analysed from February 15 to 27,” Pawar stated and read out loud a certification from the medical center in this respect. All (condition) federal government records additionally state that for your three weeks, he (Deshmukh) had not been in Bombay (Mumbai). He had been in Nagpur, that will be their city. Thats generally why such a predicament, issue (of pursuing resignation) does not occur, Pawar said.
- Countering Pawar, BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis claimed that Deshmukh held a “press seminar” on February 15 which contradicted Pawar’s assertion that he had been hospitalized after that. Deshmukh, however, said it absolutely was only a brief connection using media when he had been stepping out of medical center.
- Singh features alleged that Deshmukh had called officer Sachin Waze around mid-February at his formal residence and requested him to support collecting resources from taverns and restaurants.
- Waze is in the custody regarding the National Investigation Agency (NIA) which can be probing the data recovery associated with the vehicle containing gelatin sticks and a hazard page which was discovered parked near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilia in Mumbai last thirty days.
READ MORE: Param Bir Singh moves SC for ‘unbiased’ probe into charges against Deshmukh
Published at Mon, 22 Mar 2021 15:33:05 +0000