Punjab Cabinet growth: MLAs take oath as ministers in Charanjit Singh Channi-led Congress govt|Updates
much awaited Punjab cabinet expansion took location on Sunday at the Guv House in Chandigarh. After holding marathon conferences with the Congress high command, the list of ministers for the brand-new cabinet, under the leadership of Chief Minister Charanjeet Singh Channi was finalised.
Channi ended up being the 16th Chief Minister of the state following Captain Amarinder Singh’s resignation from the top post in the state. The three-time MLA from Rupnagar’s Chamkaur Sahib is the state’s very first Dalit Chief Minister.
Punjab Cabinet expansion: Updates
- Those who might not be made ministers today will be accommodated in the Govt setup and the company. This exercise has actually been done to bring in young faces and strike a social and local balance, said Punjab Congress in-charge Harish Rawat.
- Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, and Gurkirat Kotli likewise took oath as ministers in Punjab Government.
- Sangat Gilzian, Pargat Singh take oath.
- Raj Kumar Verka takes oath as cabinet minister.
- MLAs Vijay Inder Singla, Bharat Bhushan Ashu, and Randeep Singh Nabha take oath as Cabinet ministers in Punjab Government.
- Razia Sultana takes oath as cabinet minister.
- Sukhbinder Sarkaria, and Rana Gurjeet Singh administered the oath of the workplace of Cabinet minister by Governor Banwarilal Purohit.
- MLAs Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa, Aruna Chaudhary take oath as cabinet ministers
- Congress MLAs Brahm Mohindra and Manpreet Singh Badal take oath as Cabinet ministers of Punjab Govt.
- Congress MLAs together with their member of the family reach Raj Bhavan in Chandigarh for the swearing-in ceremony of new ministers
An agreement on the names for the Channi-led cabinet was reached during his conference with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and other senior celebration members in the nationwide capital.
Jalandhar Cantt lawmaker Pargat Singh, considered near celebration’s state system primary Navjot Sidhu, is Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee general secretary.
Channi was summoned to Delhi by the Congress high command on Friday to discuss the cabinet formation. The go to came within hours of him returning from the national capital.
A total of 18 MLAs can be included in the cabinet, consisting of Chief Minister Channi and two of his deputies Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and OP Soni.
ALSO READ: Punjab: Ministers in Amarinder Singh govt concern decision to ‘drop’ them
ALSO READ: Rajasthan next? Congress’s Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka fulfill Sachin Pilot, days after Punjab leadership modification
Released at Sun, 26 Sep 2021 05:46:13 -0500